How To Stay Motivated – 5 Effective Ways
What is motivation? – The dictionary definition is:
A reason or reasons for acting or behaving in a particular way. A desire or willingness to do something.
What is it that keeps you motivated? Or Is motivation something you struggle with?
I absolutely love my work and the best thing about it is the people I work with and watching them progress both personally and as a business. Trying to stay motivated all the time is really quite impossible even if you are the most motivated person in the world. We all have our days when we just want to run away and hide. When this happens to my clients, they know they can pick up the phone and speak to me, wobble their heads a little and we come up with solutions to get their mojo and motivation back. So what can you do to help keep you motivated?
Still with me? Excellent, below you will find 5 strategies to use to help you keep motivated.
1) One of the best ways to stay motivated is MAINTAIN A POSITIVE ENVIRONMENT. Positivity breeds positivity, it is extremely hard to stay motivated if the people around you are negative or if the space you work in is untidy, too cold, too hot (you get the idea) Try and have a clear desk policy at the end of the day so that at least each morning when you land at your desk you are starting afresh.
2) CREATE GOALS - if you don’t know where you are heading then you can soon lose motivation. Set goals so you know what you are aiming for, this will also give you a plan of action and a path to start on.
3) SET DEADLINES - if you don’t set yourself a deadline it is highly likely that your motivation will wane. You’ve set your goals so your fired up about reaching them but when to you want to reach them by? Don’t set the dead line too far ahead if you do chances are you will forget about them. Setting them too soon and not completing them is also a sure-fire way to become demoralised and lose motivation.
4) KEEP TRACK OF YOUR ACHIEVEMENTS – It doesn’t matter how small your win is reward yourself. This could be anything from a chocolate bar, 15 minute down town, half a day off work, massage. Just make sure the reward fits the achievement. How often do you feel as though you are just getting through the jobs? This isn’t the case each job, step , goal you complete is an achievement. Celebrate it.
5) PROCRASTINATION – think about what it is that stops you doing something. Stop wasting your time on things that stop you working. Put your phone on silent (in a different room if needs be). Turn off email pop ups, stop scrolling through social media, remove yourself from any distractions.
Try out these strategies and let me know how you get on, what works for you and what doesn’t.
What is it you reward yourself with and why?
What are your goals?
Be great to hear from you, get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org